Humidity is part of our weather in Louisiana, especially during the warm months of the year. Humidity can be as much a problem for your air conditioner as it is for you. One way to help alleviate the problems caused by excessive humidity is by installing a whole-home dehumidifier. Whole-home dehumidifiers are installed as part of your existing air conditioning system, and work seamlessly with its operation (they can also work independently). Your indoor air quality is important, and part of having good indoor air quality is having a comfortable moisture level. A–Professional Heating and Air Conditioning can help you achieve that with the installation of a whole-home dehumidifier.
How Does High Humidity Affect Your Air Conditioner?
As we mentioned above, high humidity levels affect both you and your air conditioner. Here are some of the ways excess humidity affects your AC:
- It has to work harder – humidity holds heat, so when it’s excessively humid outside, your air conditioner has to work harder to cool your living space.
- Clinging debris – certain parts of your air conditioner will sweat due to the excess humidity, which can cause dirt, dust and debris to stick to components. Sticking debris can hamper the operation of your air conditioner.
- Excess water drainage – when there is more moisture in your air, more liquid will drain from your system. If there are existing problems with your condensate drain or tray, you could have the potential for leaks.
Signs of High Humidity in Your Home
- Condensation on the inside of your windows
- Mold and mildew growth
- Clammy feeling when air conditioner is running
- Bubbling/peeling paint
The Benefits of Whole-Home Dehumidification
Here are some benefits of whole-home dehumidifiers offer:
- Better health – mold, mildew, dust mites and other contaminants thrive at humidity levels higher than 60%. With a whole-home dehumidifier, you can control your indoor moisture levels to ensure that your humidity level stays below 60%.
- Improved comfort – removing the excess humidity from the air allows your air conditioner to cool as it should, leaving you with cool, dry air to enjoy.
- Increased energy efficiency – the dehumidifier removes the excess moisture in the air, allowing your air conditioner to run without being stressed. This can help save energy.
Humidity is a part of our weather, but it doesn’t have to weigh down you or your air conditioner. If you think you, your home and your air conditioner can benefit from the installation of a whole-home dehumidifier, call A–Professional Heating and Air Conditioning today and schedule a dehumidifier installation in Hammond, LA with one of our experts.