Air conditioning maintenance is key for keeping your system running efficiently. Typically, the best times of year to schedule maintenance is during the spring and fall. But this doesn’t mean you can only schedule maintenance during these times; the fact is, if you haven’t done maintenance for a long period of time, it is better to schedule maintenance sooner rather than later.
What Are the Benefits of Maintenance?
Routine maintenance has several important benefits for your air conditioning system:
- Extends the life of your system – maintenance helps all the parts and components of your air conditioner run optimally. When your system is strained or running inefficiently, this can contribute to premature aging and early wear-and-tear.
- Helps lower repair costs – the thorough inspection your system gets during a maintenance appointment means small and developing problems are caught and repaired before they can blossom into big ones that can be costly.
- Helps lower energy bills – when your AC operates at its best, it also operates efficiently. An efficient system uses less energy, which, in turn, can lower your energy bills.
- Better indoor air quality – a cleaner air conditioner delivers cleaner air throughout your home.
What Happens During a Maintenance Appointment?
A-Professional offers annual and bi-annual maintenance plans. During every appointment, the following occurs:
- Monitor refrigerant pressure
- Test starter capabilities
- Test safety controls
- Clean or replace standard air filters
- Measure for correct air flow
- Tighten electrical connections
- Measure volts & amps
- Inspect all duct work
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Adjust thermostat calibration
- Clean evaporator coil if accessible
- Flush drain lines
- Measure temperature difference
- Clean outside unit
Is It Time for a Maintenance Appointment?
We may be past spring, but that doesn’t mean you can’t schedule maintenance for your air conditioning system in Hammond, LA. In fact, if you’ve been seeing signs of inefficiency, or suspect you may have a developing issue with your AC, there’s no better time than the present to call us. Call A-Professional Heating and Air Conditioning today!